A party of 30 boys and staff from the Company Section of 3rd Falkirk Boys’ Brigade company have recently returned from their spectacular summer vacation to Chamonix, France – in the shadow of Mont Blanc!
During 5 action packed days – the boys and staff took part in some memorable activities including:
- Return flights from Edinburgh airport to Geneva then bus journey to the Chamonix valley in France.
- Cable car journey from Chamonix over Aguile Du Midi (side of Mont Blanc) into Courmayer in Italy where we enjoyed lunch followed by a return coach journey thru the Mont Blanc tunnel.
- A journey on the Montenvers mountain train to the Mer De Glacé (longest glacier in Europe) where we went exploring in the ice caves there.
- 2 visits to the local ice rink to cool off from the blistering heat. Varying degrees of ice skating skills were on offer!
- 2 visits to the outdoor swimming pool with stunning panoramic views of the Chamonix valley and Mont Blanc! Enjoying the indoor and outdoor pools, chutes, spas and jacuzzis!
- Eating out at local restaurants every night engaging in fun, friendship and fellowship.
- Staying in Chalet Whymper – booking it out in its entirety and enjoying the wonderful French hospitality on offer.
A truly wonderful experience and one that will live long in the memories of all those who attended!